If you are a worrisome parent like I am then you understand the importance of having a top of the line baby monitor system like Owlet. Honestly the scariest part of becoming a parent was worrying about SIDS. I personally worried day in and day out about it. Baby monitors are like guardian angels to a worried parent. A parent who hasn’t slept in days out of fear for their child. A parent who is afraid to close their eyes for one moment because of what may or may not happen. Allow me to share a statistic with you.
*As an Amazon associate this post contains affiliate links. This means I may be compensated a small amount if you should click and purchase something through them.
Over 2000 babies per year die of SIDS in the United States.
Statistically for every 2000 births there is one case of SIDS related death. That is .05% of babies in general. .05% is a small percentage, but to parents of an infant that is much more than enough to be worried about. While it is highly unlikely it would happen to your baby, the thought of it is horrific.
In today’s technologically advanced society, experts are discovering more and more about SIDS and the cause. SIDS is the sudden and unexpected death of an infant which usually occurs whilst they are asleep in their crib. It is also known as crib death. Advances in technology are allowing for parents to be able to take a breather and even get a bit of peaceful rest in the night knowing that their child is being closely monitored. I know for me having a good baby monitor was of utmost importance.
While a baby monitor does not guarantee the safety of your baby, it can help you to keep your baby safe by alerting you. The baby monitor that I feel is extremely trustworthy is the Owlet Baby Monitor Sock.
Let’s review some of the main features the Owlet Smart Sock has to offer.
- Tracks your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels.
- Uses clinically proven pulse oxymetry.
- Connects to base station that alerts you if baby’s heart rate or oxygen levels are too high or low.
- Base station glows green if heart rate and oxygen are normal.
- Comes with 3 sock sizes for 0-18 months.
- BPA free.
- Latex free.
- Lead free.
- Low profile sock fits under footie pajamas and regular socks.
- It is washable, just make sure to remove all sock electronics prior to washing. Use gentle detergent.
- There is a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.
- 45 day satisfaction guarantee, return for any reason.
- An Owlet Smart Sock app allows you to track your child’s health statistics.
- You will be notified if sock is not getting valid readings or if the sock falls off.
- The Owlet Smart Sock will not receive interference from cellphones or other electronics.
- Uses Bluetooth Low Energy which will not harm your baby.
- Owlet is not considered a medical device nor does it treat medical conditions.
- Needs to be charged daily.
- Does not have sound or video monitor with the current version although future versions are in the works.
- Ships only to United States, Canada, or Australia.
- Owlet Sock Monitor is not designed for twins. You would need two separate devices for twins.
- The app is for Apple devices only with iOS 9.3 or later.
- The Owlet Sock Monitor is only covered by individuals with insurance that has an FSA or HSA plan.
The Owlet Smart Sock unit comes with the following.
- 3 Fabric socks (Sizes 0-18 Months)
- Smart Sock sensor
- Base station
- Charging cords
- Owlet App
The Latest In Owlet Smart Sock Technology Is Here
The Owlet Smart Sock 3 is available for even better peace of mind. The Owlet Smart Sock 3 system provides the ultimate baby monitor system with new and improved features.
What does this new system come with
- The Owlet 3 offers quick charge capability that lasts up to 16 hours.
- Get 8 hours of charge in 20 minutes or full charge in 90 minutes.
- Measures sleep trends including hours slept, number of waking, sleep quality, and more.
- Base station and app notify you when sleep trends leave the safe zone.
- Video system allows for high definition audio and video.
- Batteries Included
- Fabric sock fits babies 0-18 months.
Note – Owlet monitors are not a medical device and are not designed to diagnose medical issues. It is simply an information gathering product. Always follow a pediatricians recommendations for safe sleep.
I highly recommend this product to any parent with an infant. Most baby monitors require you to physically sit in front of a camera continuously in order to keep track of your baby while they sleep or if you are just in a different room. With the Owlet Smart Sock you can feel much more comforted in knowing that if something like your child’s breathing or heart rate changes drastically that the Owlet Base Station will alert you. You can easily monitor your child through an app on your phone as Owlet tracks your baby’s stats. This technology is such a revolution for the worried parent.
Owlet Smart Sock monitor nor any monitor are 100% guaranteed to keep your child safe. We as the parents are responsible for our children’s safety. Monitors are here to help us as parents better keep track of our children and are used as a tool. Monitors can create a peace of mind, but there is no substitute for diligent parenting and care. Letting our guard down fully is never a good idea while caring for a baby or child. Always be prepared!
I hope this review helps you make an informed purchasing decision. Baby monitor shopping can be difficult, but this system is truly a great one with clear intentions. Keep in mind there is no better monitor than you as a parent.
If you are interested in reading more of my posts please sign up and follow my blog.
Also check out…
Biggest parenting struggle – A guest post
6 thoughts on “Owlet Baby Monitor Sock (2021 Update)”
This is a great article. I have a sister who has a 2-month-old baby. I will share your post with her and see what she thinks.
Oh wow thats a great idea! A little sock that is a monitor! So cute too. I didnt know until now what SIDS was and wow that would be horrible to experience! Hopefully, this invention will help prevent this! Thanks for sharing, a very clear and easy to read article 🙂
Hey Shyla, the Owlet Baby Monitoring Stock sounds like a revolutionary design to track your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels, as you mention, it’s best termed as your guardian angel.
We’ve suffered Sudden Infant Death Syndrome with a baby in our family, goodness knows how parents cope, it’s your worst ever nightmare.
It’s a shame the app is only configured for use on Apple devices, however, I’m sure competition will soon flourish in this market to work universally.
Thanks for introducing me to the Owlet,
This gives you so much information. I think for me it would be information overload and I would be even more worried than I needed to be. I think it will give peace of mind to many parents though.
Great article and a very cute baby! The fact that it comes as a package is a bonus. I will definitely get my friend to look at it. I never knew this existed until I came across your beautifully written article. Thanks again for taking your time to write this.
I spent soooo long staring at the baby monitor, this is a great idea!